Terms & Conditions
All Prescience participants are expected to participate in all Adventure activities including lectures, excursions, on-site visits and all other group activities. Participants must be familiar with the participants’ terms and conditions.
Host Country’s Laws
Participants are subject to the host country’s laws. Local laws, especially those that concern alcohol and use of illicit drugs, can lead not only to a participant’s dismissal from an adventure, but may lead to his/her arrest.
Reservations of Rights
Prescience reserves the sole right to interpret, add, delete, or modify at any time all rules and regulations. Prescience is responsible for the enforcement of all terms and conditions. Prescience may impose sanctions such as warning, reprimand, censure, and suspension, dismissal whenever this becomes necessary to operate the program and properly protect all parties involved.
High School Students attending grades 9-12 and Undergraduate College Students are eligible to participate in the Prescience Adventures.
Participants, under the age of 18, are eligible to participate in the Prescience Adventures provided they submit a written consent from their parent(s), legal guardian(s) or other authorized person(s) or organization with custody rights, access rights or parental authority for their participation.
Provision of information
Participants are responsible for providing Prescience with accurate and updated information regarding their contact details, biographical information, medical clearance, and contact details of the person to be notified in cases of emergency.
Participants should disclose any personal, medical, physical and mental conditions, which may affect their experience, on their application. All information provided is confidential and does not affect a participant’s acceptance or denial into an Adventure. Participants should include information relating to any dietary restrictions, physical or mobility conditions, and mental or health concerns. A summary of the details of conditions that require special treatment should be provided by a healthcare professional. Disclosure of such information will render Prescience able to cater to participant’s special needs.
Verification of Identity
Prescience verifies participants’ identities using their government-issued passport. Participants’ identities will be verified during orientation.
Passports and Visas
Participants are responsible for complying with passport and visa requirements.
The Αdventure fees are all-inclusive1 and cover the following:
• Luxury 5-star hotel accommodation2
• 4-Day Premium Cruise to the Aegean Islands3
• Events held at the hotel and at the premises of host organizations
• Full medical and travel insurance coverage
• Local Transportation with VIP vans4
• A tablet, yours to keep, preset with all relevant Adventure content
• Breakfast at the hotel, lunch and dinner at select restaurants
• Admission fees for all site visits
• English-speaking group leaders, guides and facilitators
• Prescience merchandise (personalized local gifts, T-shirts, backpacks, etc.)
• Daily activity updates to parents, upon request
1excludes inbound/outbound airfare
2fees are based on double occupancy
3applies to Adventures in Greece
4for the U.S. Adventure, fees include interstate transportation via train and airplane
Quoted prices are per person, double occupancy room. Single occupancy may be granted upon request and is subject to availability. Participants choosing this option are expected to pay the single supplement fee.
Reservations and Payments
In order to secure their participation in a Prescience Adventure, a 15% deposit is due with their application payable either via wire transfer or credit card. The remaining balance is to be paid no later than 90 days prior to the starting date of the adventure via wire transfer. All payments are non-refundable.
Note: It is recommended that participants purchase their own travel protection insurance (trip cancellation insurance) which provides further coverage for unexpected travel emergencies and cancellations.
If a participant chooses to travel independently before or after the adventure, such travel will be unsupervised by Prescience. Prescience has no responsibility or liability for injury, damage or loss suffered by the participant during such periods of independent travel.
Cancellation or Substitution
Prescience reserves the right to cancel any adventure due to inadequate participation which makes the Adventure economically infeasible to operate or due to good-faith concerns with respect to the safety, health, or welfare of its participants. In the case where Prescience cancels an adventure, participants will get a full refund of payments submitted to Prescience or credit towards another adventure subject to participant’s acceptance. In case of cancellation resulting from factors outside Prescience’s control, payments will not be refunded. Prescience liability is strictly limited to the refund of the recoverable cost of any unused portion of the Adventure.
Prescience will make every effort to keep the Itinerary as it has been published; however, the final Itinerary may vary due to availability and factors beyond its control. Prescience may, in its sole discretion, substitute services such as hotels or goods of similar quality for any service or good stated in the Itinerary. If a Prescience instructor cancels, Prescience will make every effort to find a replacement.
Code of Conduct
Prescience participants are regarded as responsible citizens who have the same obligations as other citizens to abide by local and national laws of the host country.
Participants are reminded that existing regulations and policies regarding the Code of Conduct are binding and that all participants are responsible for knowing and complying with this Code of Conduct. Violations of this Code of Conduct can lead to dismissal from the Adventure.
Participation in any of the actions listed below constitutes a violation:
- Physical abuse, verbal abuse, threats, intimidation, harassment, coercion, and/or conduct which threatens or endangers the health or safety of any entity involved.
- Violation of the Non-Discrimination Policy including discrimination on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, religion, age, or disability.
- Acts of sexual harassment, sexual violence, sexual assault, intimate partner violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and/or stalking represent a fundamental failure to recognize and respect the intrinsic worth and dignity of other participants on the Adventure.
- Participants are responsible for any and all damage to their room, residence or other Adventure related property. Prescience will add any damage charges to the participant’s account.
- Reckless and/or malicious destruction, damage or misuse of information/computer technology
- Possession of stolen property, theft, attempted theft of property
- Conduct that is disorderly or indecent
- Obstruction or disruption of administration, activities, or of any authorized activities on premises
- Setting fires, tampering with or misusing fire equipment, or setting off false alarms in any facility
- The sale, possession, production, purchase or use of any explosives, fireworks, incendiary devices, firearms or weapons
- The sale, possession, production, purchase or use of any controlled substance or illegal drug.
- The consumption of alcoholic beverages in public places or in buildings where it is prohibited. However, Prescience permits the lawful use and moderate consumption of alcoholic beverages by individuals who are legally entitled to drink at approved functions such as receptions.
- Smoking in any building or grounds where it is prohibited
- Failure to comply with directions of Prescience Adventure officials acting in performance of their duties
Prescience does not discriminate against any individual based on ethnicity, nationality, ancestry, race, sex, gender identity, creed, age, marital status, sexual orientation, or disability in its enrollment decisions, program activities or employment practices.
Prescience believes that all participants have the right to experience the Adventures in an environment free of any type of discrimination, bullying or harassment, whether that harassment is emotional, verbal, physical or sexual in nature. Prescience will not tolerate such acts or behaviors.
Limitation of Liability
In no event will Prescience be liable for any injury, sickness, disease, injuries (including death) losses, claim, damage or any special, punitive, exemplary, direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages of any kind, whether based in contract, tort, and strict liability or otherwise, those arise out of or are in any way connected with the Adventure even if advised of the possibility of such damages.
Prescience assumes no responsibility or liability in whole or in part, for any delays or changed departure or arrival times, fare changes, dishonors of hotel, airline or vehicle rental reservations, missed carrier connections, and damages. If due to weather, flight schedules or other uncontrollable factors, a participant is required to spend additional nights, Prescience will not be responsible for any hotel transfers, accommodation, meal costs or other expenses.
Assumption of Risk
Participation in an Adventure may expose participants to risk of property damage and bodily or personal injury, including death. Risk they may encounter include by way of example: airplane crashes, motor vehicle accidents, terrorist incidents, cuts, bruises, broke bones, political unrest, strikes, acts of God, sickness and criminal acts as well as other risks that may or may not be foreseeable. Participants assume any and all such risks and should act reasonably and prudently with respect to matters of personal health and safety.
Prescience assumes no responsibility for any personal injury, property damage or other loss, accident, delay, inconvenience or irregularity which may be occasioned by reason of any matter beyond our exclusive control including but not limited to a delay or cancellation that causes participants to miss all or any portion of the Adventure, acts of God, acts of government, war, terrorist acts, riots, disaster, weather extremes or strikes, weather, strikes. The right is reserved by Prescience in its sole discretion, to cancel the Adventure or any aspect thereof, requiring that all participants return to their place of residence, if Prescience determines or believes that any person is or will be in danger if the Adventure or any aspect thereof is continued.
Student photographs, audio, video, excerpts release
Prescience has the right to use all materials related to a participant’s experience in a Prescience Adventure in its publicity and promotional material. This includes, but is not limited to, statements, photos and/or videos, digital mediums and social media posts and pictures.
Arbitration and waiver of trial by jury
Participants agree to present any claims against Prescience within ninety (90) days after the Adventure ends and to file any suit within one (1) year of the incident, and acknowledge that this expressly limits the applicable statute of limitations to one (1) year.
Controlling Law and Jurisdiction
This Agreement and its performance shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York without regard to its choice of law provisions. You consent and submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the State of New York, and agree that any litigation will be conducted in the courts of New York County, New York, or the federal courts for the United States for the Southern District of New York, and no other courts, in all questions and controversies arising out of your use of this site and the Agreement between Prescience and the Participant.